Thursday, January 15, 2009

Still at Clark

Hello once again!
I am currently enrolled in my second semester at Clark University and everything is going well so far. I am on the atra pill again, but this time, aside from an annoying headache (easily stopped with some tylenol), I am tolerating it very well. Today is my last day on the atra until March, at which point I will take eight pills every day for fifteen days. My pill schedule is confusing and annoying and I'm sure you don't want to hear about it (fortunately, contrary to the belief of my parents, I have it COMPLETELY under control).
So far my classes are going well. I have a lot of work now that I have a full course load, but I think I'm managing it well so far. I am getting good at balancing my social life with school work. :-)
Anyway, as most of the followers of this blog know, I'm posting a lot less frequently now. THIS IS A GOOD THING. THIS MEANS THAT NOTHING BAD IS HAPPENING.
Lunch time!
-Marika

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved having that surprise visit...actually so did everyone at Montessori!
You look strong and beautiful.Your heart and spirit feel wide open and ready to embrace all that life has to offer.The idea of you becoming a nurse is fantastic! Who else but you my sweet, to turn the oranges into sherbert!I am so proud of how you are magnificently growing into such a breathtaking human!
Have an amazing semester.

LAURIE said...

HEY MEIKS,

GLAD TO SEE YOU BLOGGING AGAIN. IT'S FABULOUS THAT THERE IS NO MEDICAL DRAMA IN YOUR LIFE, BUT, I HAVE TO SAY THAT I DO MISS YOUR BLOGS. YOU WRITE SO WELL AND HAVE BEGUN TO DEVELOP THE TWISTED SENSE OF HUMOR THAT A LOT OF MEDICAL PEOPLE HAVE. NO GREAT WONDER THAT YOU'RE CONSIDERING NURSING FOR A CAREER. HAVING BEEN THROUGH WHAT YOU HAVE, YOU GAIN THAT SPECIAL PERSPECTIVE ON WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE HELPLESS IN THAT HOSPITAL BED THAT MOST PEOPLE CAN ONLY IMAGINE.
I THINK THAT YOU'D BE QUITE GOOD AT NURSING IF YOU DECIDE THAT'S WHERE YOU WANT TO GO IN LIFE. I ENVY YOU WITH ALL YOUR CHOICES OPEN TO YOU. YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO "INVENT" YOURSELF AND BE WHATEVER AND WHOEVER YOU ENVISION. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...

LOTS OF LOVE,

LAURIE