Thursday, August 21, 2008

Last Few Days at Home

It looks like college will happen and I am more than ecstatic. We've been going crazy over here in a last minute dash to gather all the college necesseties, but with the help of a few friends, everything seems to be coming together.
I will get my drainage tube removed tomorrow (SUCH a relief. I will be able to wear fitted shirts and NOT look like I'm shoplifting again!). I haven't made any decisions on where I will be getting my last round of chemo and where I will be neutropenic. My mom and dad want two different outcomes (my dad wants everything in NY, while my mom wants me to stay in Worcester). If I cannot get passes to go to class while undergoing chemo, I would lean toward staying at home because the staff at Strong knows me and has worked with me many MANY times before, but if I can go to class, I guess Worcester would be a better plan. Either way, both of my parents have agreed to accept whichever I choose. This, however, does not mean that they won't try to influence my decision. Parents...*Sigh*
Much love,
Marika

1 comment:

terri said...

WELL, IT SOUNDS AS THOUGH YOU HAVE A PLAN AND THAT IS 'A GOOD THING", SORRY MARTHA STEWART, I STOLE YOUR LINE.

IN THE END ALL WILL BE WELL, I WISH YOU A GOOD TRIP TO MA. BEST OF LUCK IN SCHOOL, MOST OF ALL STAY WELL.

LOVE,
TERRI AND HENRY