Wednesday, July 9, 2008

back for more

hello!
I'm back in Rochester for my first round of consolidation chemo... maybe. There is a nation-wide shortage of the chemo drugs that I need, and this has affected Strong. For the first time ever, they ran out of the drug, so if they don't find any from other local hospitals by tomorrow, I will be going home for another week until Strong gets their expected shipment of the treatment I need. They will not only reserve a bed for me on that same day, but also give us a gas card for having us drive back and forth so much.
As for now, I'm in a double room, which is a new experience... My roomate is an older woman named Sarah. I haven't had time to get to know her as I've been unpacking and she has had visitors since I arrived in the room.
-Marika

2 comments:

terri said...

WOW!!!! HARD TO BELIEVE THEY WOULD RUN OUT OF A DRUG... WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY.

WELL, I GUESS YOU JUST GOT TO ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS, THAT YOU ARE FEELING GOOD IN GOOD SPIRITS, JUST KEEP UP THE FIGHT AND THIS WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST SOON.

LOVE,
TERRI AND HENRY

Brig said...

You are being thrown challenges each way you turn and handling them all with grace. You would think they would have known....

Glad you are a hat girl. We are making it our mission to keep you in hats.

Your cheering squad is ready to go!

hugs,
brig & ronnie